I'm a big fan of Kelly Kapoor on The Office and after reading "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?" I wanted nothing more than Mindy Kaling to be my best friend so when news broke that she was starting her own show, I was definitely excited. I really wanted to love the pilot of The Mindy Project and don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad, it sadly just wasn't as amazing as I was hoping it would be. There's something about it that made me feel like it was trying too hard to be cute and quirky. She reminded me a little of Zooey Deschanel on New Girl and unfortunately, Zooey is my least favourite part of that show (I would totally be happy if New Girl continued on with just the guys). That being said, it was just the pilot and The Mindy Project is still trying to figure out the type of show it wants to be. I did really love Chris Messina though and I have faith in Mindy Kaling to bring the laughs.


As much as I hate to say it, I have a feeling Partners won't make it through their first season. Hopefully I get proved wrong. Michael Urie's schtick as the witty, sarcastic gay friend worked wonderfully on Ugly Betty and the humourous sarcasm he brought to the Broadway performance of "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" was much needed on the live stage but on Partners, his high-energy, joking personality came off as highly annoying. It needed to be toned down a notch or ten... There was also no chemistry between Sophia Bush and David Krumholtz. I'm sorry, but I can't buy them as a legit couple. The show does have the fortunate spot of being on Mondays at 8:30pm when I have nothing else to watch so I'll give it a few more episodes. 


Leave a Reply